XVI32 is a free, compact and portable hexadecimal editor developed by Christian Maas. As we all know, although UltraEdit and NotePad++ support editing files in hexadecimal mode, however, if you open large files with them, they will make your system feel like it’s swimming through treacle.
- Supports manipulating big/large/huge files up to 2GB.
- Built-in data inspector and script interpreter.
- Insert, edit, delete hex or text string.
- Search and replace hex string or text string( as Unicode Latin (UTF-16LE) ).
- Count occurrences of specific string.
- Supports up to 9 bookmarks.
- Print and print preview.
- Go to decimal/hexadecimal address in absolute/relative up/relative down mode.
- And many more.
Also check out HxD, which is another excellent hex editor.
XVI32 supports most popular Windows including Windows 7 and Windows XP, etc.