SciPlore is a free, open source, platform neutral and rich featured mind mapping software based on FreeMind, it’s totally compatible with FreeMind. SciPlore has an intuitive user friendly interface which makes it fairly easy to get started.
- Files can be viewed and edited in tabs.
- Zoom in or zoom out with Ctrl plus mouse wheel.
- Add new child node or sibling node to any node.
- Select multiple nodes with ctrl/shift plus left click.
- Cut, copy, paste, delete selected nodes.
- Change font, node color, blend color, node background color, edge color, edge styles and other properties of selected node.
- Insert image, cloud, latex, hyperlink, graphical link or local hyperlink to selected node.
- Insert tens of icons: idea, question, important, info, ok, back, forward, home, danderous, priority, stop, etc.
- Reference key management.
- Import bookmarks from pdf document.
- Import from Freemind, MindManager, XMind, etc.
- Export as HTML, XHTML, Java Applet, Flash, Open Office Writer Document, PNG/JPEG/PDF/SVG, TWiki, etc.
- Export branch as new map.
- Customizable hotkeys for the most frequently used operations.
- Multi-language user interface.
- Plus many more.
SciPlore supports most popular platforms like Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.