Partition Wizard is the most famous free alternative to partition magic, a few day ago I found another hidden gem which is similar to Partition Wizard, I’ve tested it on my system and it worked flawlessly and efficiently. If you think the commercial ones are overpriced, the free one is there for you.
Partition Assistant Home Edition has an tiny size and an user friendly interface, it’s easy to use, and will not actually wipe / format / resize your partitions until you press the apply button.
- It allows you create, format, delete, merge, split, resize, move, extend, shrink, hide, unhide partitions.
- It allows you assign, remove drive letters, set one partition as active.
- It supports checking the integrity of file system.
- It supports checking whether there are bad sectors on a partition.
- It allows you wipe disk data, erase all data on a partition.
- Resize partition without rebooting.
- File systems supported: NTFS, FAT32, FAT.
- Support all hardware RAID.
- Supports the following devices: SATA, IDE, SCSI, USB disk, FireWire disk.
- Supports up to 32 disks.
Partition Assistant Home Edition works on Windows 7, Windows XP / Vista / 2000 ( 32 bit only ).
If you want to use it in 64 bit Windows, you should buy Partition Assistant Professional Edition, or use Partition Wizard( free ).
It’s a good idea to backup your system partition with free disk image software, and backup your documents with free backup and sync software before you apply your actions. If you deleted your files by mistake, you should use free data recovery software to get them back.