PWGen is the abbreviation of “Password Generator”, it’s a free, open source, useful and user friendly random password generator for Windows developed by cthoeing( Christian Thöing ), thanks to its simple and clean interface, you can create a complicated password or passphrase quickly and easily.
- Easy to install and use.
- Arbitrary password length.
- 6 different character sets: b64, hex, easytoread, Hex, AZ-az-09, AZ-az-09-symbols.
- Secure memory management: memory allocated by the program is filled with binary zeros before deallocation.
- Uses up-to-date cryptography (AES, SHA-2).
- Encrypt clipboard and decrypt clipboard with password.
- Create file containing purely random data.
- Combine words with characters.
- Generate large quantity of passwords with one click.
- Exclude ambiguous characters.
- First must not be a low-case letter.
- Include at least one upper-case letter / digit / special symbol.
- Exclude repeating consecutive characters.
- Redefine ambiguous characters / special symbols.
PWGen supports all 32-bit Windows operating systems including but not limited to Windows 7, Windows XP.