If you are still using paper based physical stickies, maybe you should consider to use a free sticky notes software to replace it. Electronic sticky notes is more flexible, manageable and simple to use than the traditional one, and where it really shines is that you can set it to alert at a specified time, and it allows you to encrypt all the notes, you will not forget any important thing or leak any critical information by using it.
PNotes is a stickies alternative, with it you can add as many notes as possible on the desktop, you can record any text content, customize the font size/font color/skin and much more.
One of the only drawbacks to PNotes is that it does not support sync to other computer. As we previously introduced, Cloud Notes is a sticky notes freeware that syncs to Google docs: http://diggfreeware.com/place-a-sticky-notes-gadget-on-the-desktop-which-syncs-to-google-docs-windows-7-freeware/.
- Multilingual User Interface supported: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, English, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
- Ease of use – no installation, just unpack the downloaded archive to any location and run PNotes.exe.
- Formatting – format and design each note as you wish, using all the advantages of rich text formatting.
- Scheduling – use various schedule types to be reminded about significant events by many different ways. Using this feature you may just hide notes and don’t worry, you’ll be notified in time.
- Skins – there is a variety of skins for PNotes but if you wish, you can run the program in skinless mode, in which case you can stretch notes to any reasonable size.
- Searching – search for (or replace) text fragments in all notes, including hidden or in each separate note, or find notes with specified title.
- Password protection – prevents unauthorized access to program.
- Encryption – allows all your notes to be stored as encrypted files, so nobody could read their content, even in case you lose your USB stick.
- Backing up – you decide whether to make backup copies for changed notes and what is the deepness of backup levels.
- Transparency – you can set notes’ transparency level from opaque to fully transparent. If you enable this feature each note can have its own transparency level.
- Images – you can add images to notes, making them more expressive.
- Smilies – besides image files, the set of predefined smilies is at your disposal.
- Overdue notes tracking – stay alerted even with overdue reminders.
- Tags – add any number tags to each note for further searching and sorting.
- Control Panel – this is your central command post. All management is put into effect here.
- Groups – divide notes into groups of your choice, create new groups and subgroups, control all by mouse click or drag-and-drop.
- Diary group – special group of notes with its own settings, which allows you to maintain diary-like set.
- Docking – dock your notes to any side of the screen, forcing them always to be straightened and look like a panel.
- Favorites – access intensively used notes by a single click.
- Custom fonts – use your custom fonts which are not installed on current machine.
- E-mailing – send notes via e-mail as mail body text or as attachment to any target with PNotes running and open attached note on target machine.
- Recycle Bin – you decide how you want to delete the unneeded note: completely or send it to Recycle Bin with ability to restore it later.
- Supports Unicode.
- Portability – PNotes does not require installation, it can be started from any drive (fixed or flash) and leaves no traces on host computer after finishing.
PNotes works on Windows 7/Windows XP/Windows 98/Me/2000/2003/Vista/Server 2008.