DrvImagerXP is a free alternative to True Image & Ghost, it makes a sector by sector copy of specified partition and saves it to an image file. When your system is in a clean state, you can make a backup copy of it with DrvImagerXP, thus when your system crashes, or is infected by viruses / rootkits / spyware, you don’t have to spend several hours to scan / repair it with antivirus software, just restore your system to clean state with DrvImagerXP in conjunction with the previous saved image file!
- Supports FAT32 and NTFS file system.
- Allows you save the image to multiple files and specify image file chunk size.
- Supports file compression.
- Allows you save partition in safe mode. Safe Mode allows the save to occur during boot up when no other applications are running. It assures a cleaner save. If you don’t use Safe Mode, make sure all other applications are closed down and that no utilities or virus detection programs are running.
- Span one image file over multiple CD/DVD disk.
Below are the screenshot of DrvImagerXP running in safe mode:
DrvImagerXP supports Windows XP and Windows 2000.
Download it from softpedia.