When you think of disk image software, you probably think of norton ghost or acronis true image first. If you are the kind of person who enjoys using freeware instead of commercial software, then you shouldn’t miss ODIN, which is a utility for easy backup of hard drive volumes or complete hard drives.
When your system is infected by viruses, malware or rootkit, you may want to reinstall your operating system. Set up Windows and install applications will always take you several hours, but with ODIN you could restore your system within minutes, although ODIN can only be run under windows, you could run it from Windows PE, you can simply boot up your computer from a USB stick which contains windows PE, then run ODIN and restore your system. ODIN is portable and it’s size is only about 360Kb.
Features of ODIN:
* 32-Bit and 64-Bit version available.
* Can be run from USB stick.
* Supports Windows PE (BootDisks, BartPe, etc.)
* Backup and restore of volume or complete hard disk.
* Backup used clusters only or all clusters.
* Compress data on the fly.
* Verify backup image files for damages.
* Support of all Windows file systems.
* Split image files to chunks (e.g. for burning to CD/DVD).
* Does not require installation, just start odin.exe.
* Use multiple CPUs.
* Snapshots of volumes.
Download ODIN here: http://odin-win.sourceforge.net/