We’ve covered dozens of free CD/DVD recording software( also known as CD/DVD burning software ): CDBurnerXP, Ashampoo, InfraRecorder, AmoK, StarBurn, CDRTFE, Hanso, 3nity, ImgBurn, BurnAware Free, DeepBurner, etc.
Inscriptio is another CD/DVD recording freeware which can be a replacement for Nero. It’s simple to use and efficient, has all the features required for CD/DVD recording, even if you have no experience with CD/DVD burning, you can get the job done very fast with it, and it’s compatible with Windows 7.
Inscriptio is a fast and reliable CD/DVD burning program which is accessible to all of those whether accustomed to this type of software or not. Besides simplifying the process of burning data and audio files, the options and features offered by the tool also deliver a better overall performance.
Burning data and audio files and managing the burning process altogether is partly an easy job due to an interface with a high degree of both usability and configurability.
Inscriptio is a handy application that helps you save all your collections of music, movies, games or documents safely on CDs/DVDs. The application bundles drag and drop features support for dual-layer DVD and also disc images. Additionally, rewritable discs are supported as well as copies on the fly recording.
Key features of Inscriptio include:
- Sets custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and allows recording to physical discs but also as disc images;
- Support for dual-layer DVDs;
- Enables creation of direct disc copies, on the fly or by using a temporary disc image;
- Disc images recording (ISO and BIN/CUE);
- Reading and saving of audio and data tracks to files (wav,wma, mp3 and .iso);
- Erasing of rewritable discs with multiple ways to do it;
- Shows extended disc data;
- Scanning for errors;
- Scanning of the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collects info concerning their capabilities;
- Drag and drop features;
- Integration with IE;
- Various project view layouts for numerous modes of projects to simplify the user’s task;
- Opening and editing of already saved projects;
Inscriptio supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7.