SilentEye is a free and open source steganography software developed by Anselme Chorein, it offers users the power to hide any files or text in an image or audio file.
- Support drag and drop.
- Supported input image formats include: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, tif, tiff.
- Hide text or files in jpeg, bmp or wav files.
- The destination image file behaves like a normal one, it can be viewed with any image browser.
- The destination audio file looks same as an ordinary one, it can be played with any media players.
- For image files, you can specify the luminance internal, jpeg quality, header position, passphrase and encryption type( AES128 or AES256 ) of the output image.
- For audio files, you are allowed to customize the sound quality, user channels, date distribution mode( inline, equidistribution ), header position, bits per sampler per channel and encryption type of the output audio.
- Embedded audio player and image viewer.
- Plus many more.
The hidden file or text can be decoded without any problem, however there will be some quality loss for the cover file( or container ).
SilentEye works on all 32-bit Windows OSes like Windows 7, Windows XP, as well as Mac OS X and Linux.
SilentEye is a free download available from SourceForge.net.