We’ve covered a duplicate file finder a few days ago. If you have downloaded a lot of music files, video clips, etc. you may find that there are so many files which are totally same!
CloneSpy is another free program which could scan and delete duplicate files for you.
- It supports detecting files which have same content and same filename.
- It supports detecting files which have same content but different filename.
- It supports detecting files which have different content but same filename.
- It allows you really delete duplicate files, or delete them to recycle bin, or move to the directory you specified( and retain folder structure ).
- It supports excluding files or file patterns, you can exclude files based on file extension.
- It allows you ignore specified folders.
- It could delete all zero length files or just ignore them.
To my opinion, CloneSpy is not as good as Duplicate Cleaner, the latter one has a selection assistant which could help us select all duplicate files in one step. You’ll have to select files one by one with CloneSpy, if you have a huge number of duplicate files, it will make you crazy! However if you just want to scan a few number of files, it’s a better choice.
CloneSpy works on Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista / 2000 / NT, etc.