We’ve covered 6 Best PNG to ICO Converters recently, they allow you to convert images in most popular formats( including but not limited to png, bmp, jpg, gif ) to icons, Icon sushi is another free software product similar to them, it’s a portable and simple icon converter and editor for Windows developed by towofu. Compared with the six free converters, Icon sushi offers users the ability to open a single-layer or multiple-layer PSD file and export it to ico files.
- Free of charge for anyone.
- Extract icons from the files in exe, dll, icl, ocx, cpl format.
- Open and manipulate ico, png, psd, bmp files.
- Save opened images to ico, png, bmp and icl( icon library ) format.
- Edit the transparency mask, alpha channel of images.
- Open PSD files with each layer individually or with all layers merged together.
- 3 Icon save formats available: classic Windows format, Vista format, Vista format with png compression.
- Support 32bit icons.
- Open icons in 1 X 1, 16 X 16, 32 X 32, … 256 X 256 pixels.
- Open images in different color depth: 1 bit, 4 bit, 8 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit.
- Copy image from Windows clipboard and vice versa.
Icon sushi is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.
If you are an experienced user of Photoshop – the world’s best photo manipulation software, the plugin named ICO Format will help you to save images opened with Adobe Photoshop to ico format directly, the plugin supports both Mac OS X and 32-bit / 64-bit Windows operating systems, according to its official website.