A few months ago, we featured a free app named “Don’t Sleep” which allows to disable Windows from shutdown, restarting, standby, hibernation, turning off or starting screensaver. On the contrary, in scenarios where you want to shutdown / restart your computer, or close the VPN connection after a period of time, “Switch Off”, a lightweight and easy using Windows utility, comes in handy.
- Low system resource footprint.
- Shutdown/Restart/Log off/Sleep/Lock/Close dial-up(VPN) instantly or after n minutes/hours of time/computer inactivity/user inactivity.
- Remote control.
- Daily or weekly schedule.
- Extend the functionality with customized script.
- Portable version available.
- Plus many more.
Switch Off works on most major Windows OSes, and supports bot 64-bit and 32-bit systems.