XBMC Media Center is a free, open source, extremely customizable, cross-platform all-in-one multimedia player software with intuitive and cool looking user interface and the ability to play almost all media formats, it’s an excellent alternative to VLC, KMPlayer, UMPlayer and SMPlayer.
To play your favorite videos, simply hit “Videos” – “Add source”, then browse to the location of your videos folder and hit “OK”, then return to the main menu of “Videos”, expand the folder you’ve just added, you will see a full list of video files inside the folder.
Now you can click a video file to play it.
- Support almost all video and audio formats: Blu-ray directory, DVD-Video, SVCD, VCD, Audio-CD, avi, mpeg, mpg, mp4, m4a, mp3, flv, swf, mov, asf, wmv, wma, m3u, pls, cue, flc, fli, pva, vivo, ogg, oga, ogm, ogv, rm, rmvb, ram, ra, aac, mpa, mp2, wav, avs, asx, m2v, etc. Here is the full list of supported formats/codecs: http://wiki.xbmc.org.
- Display weather forecast and current temp: feels like, dew point, humidity, UV index, wind, etc.
- Hardware acceleration( DXVA2 ), video post-processing.
- Vertical blank sync and video calibration.
- Support 2.0 speakers, 2.1 speakers, 3.0 speakers, 3.1 speakers, 4.0 speakers, 4.1 speakers, 5.0 speakers, 5.1 speakers, 7.0 speakers, 7.1 speakers.
- Support karaoke.
- Subtitles support.
- Forced DVD player region.
- Skip introduction before DVD menu.
- Share video and music libraries through UPnP.
- Control XBMC via HTTP or UPnP.
- Browse images in the following formats: bmp, jpg, jpeg, gif, ico, pcx, png, raw, tif, tiff, tga and cbr/cbz comic books.
- Plus many more.
XBMC Media Center works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.