Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor is a free, open source and cross-platform touch typing training/tutor/test utility developed by Felipe Castro and Petr Machata. You can use it to improve your touch typing skills or test your touch typing speed and accuracy.
- Support multiple keyboard layouts: alphagrip5, colemak, dvrak, qwerty, qwerty_2.
- 5 typing models:
- Introduction: Teach you how to position your hands and fingers on the keyboard, how to type more efficiently and correctly.
- Basic course: Help you to memorize the keys positions by letting you to type the characters on the screen.
- Adaptability exercises: Help you to practice and improve your memorization of the keys positions by letting you to type the nonsense words on the screen.
- Speed: Improve your typing speed by letting you to type real words on the screen.
- Fluidness exercises: Improve your typing accuracy by letting you to type complete sentences and paragraphs, you are not allowed to go on before the typing errors are corrected.
- Allow to import text from external text files.
- Customizable font family, font style and font size.
- Progress charts.
- Statistics: elapsed time, error ratio, accuracy, goal, characters per second, goal, words per minute, goal and comments.
Klavaro works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Klavaro is a free download available from SourceForge.net.