LameXP is a free, open source, multi-threaded Windows application developed to convert most common audio formats to mp3, flac, wav, ogg or aac format, it can be used as an alternative to WinLAME.
Using LameXP or WinLAME, you are provided the ability to perform the following conversions: M4A to MP3, M4A to OGG, M4A to WAV, MP3 to OGG, MP3 to AAC, MP3 to WAV, FLAC to MP3, FLAC to OGG, FLAC to WAV, WAV to MP3, WAV to OGG, WAV to AAC, WMA to MP3, WMA to OGG, WMA to AAC, WMA to WAV, OGG to MP3, OGG to AAC, OGG to WAV, AAC to MP3, AAC to OGG, AAC to WAV, APE to MP3, APE to OGG, APE to WAV, AC3 to MP3, AC3 to OGG, AC3 to WAV, AC3 to AAC.
- Supported input media formats include: wav, mp3, mpa, mp2, mp1, ogg, ogm, aac, mp4, m4a, ac3, wav, dts, flac, fla, wv, mpc, mpp, mp+, shn, ape, tta, spx, aif, aiff, au, snd, m3u, m3u8, pls, asx, wpl, etc..
- Supported output audio formats include: mp3, ogg, aac, flac, wav, riff.
- Supported encoders include: LAME MP3, OGG Vorbis, Nero AAC, FLAC, Wave( PCM ).
- Supported bitrate control method: Quality-based( VBR ), Average bitrate( ABR ), Constant birrate( CBR ).
- Allow to specify LAME algorithm quality, channel mode, sampling rate of the output audio.
- Volume normalization.
- Tone adjustment.
- Support batch conversion.
- Plus many more.
LameXP is compatible with most popular Windows platforms like Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and supports both 64-bit and 32-bit systems.