There’re many free and easy-using image viewers on the Internet such as Google Picasa, IrfanView, XnView, Faststone Image Viewer, FuturixImager, etc. JPEGView is an open source and lightweight alternative to them, it’s simple and portable, which means that you can download it in a snap and copy it to a USB drive for portable use.
To use JPEGView, simply download and extract the compressed archive, then click on the file named JPEGView.exe, this will launch the application, you can browse to the directory of the image file and select it. Alternatively, you can drag and drop a picture file to the file named JPEGView.exe to let it open the image instantly.
- View images files in jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, tiff and bmp formats.
- Save processed images to jpeg, jpg, bmp, png, tif, tiff files.
- Show picture information( EXIF ).
- Play all the images in a specific folder as movie/slideshow in customized FPS.
- Batch rename or copy.
- Zoom in or zoom out image with mouse wheel.
- Auto correction.
- Local density correction.
- Rotate image clockwise or counter-clockwise in any angle.
- Plus many more.
JPEGView is created by David Kleiner, it works on Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.
Go ahead and download it from SourceForge.net.