MFFR( Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer ) is a free, open source, cross-platform, powerful, flexible and extremely customizable batch file/folder rename utility developed by Ianaré Sévi.
Using MFFR is easy, first navigate to the “Picker” Tab and select the files you want to rename, then navigate to the “Renamer” tab, double click the operation you want to perform to add it from the “Available” group to the “Used” group, customize your own settings, preview the final result, tweak the settings, then hit the “GO!” button to let MFFR rename all the files and folders simultaneously.
- 7 kinds of operations available: replace, swap, insert, directory, length, modification, move text.
- Add an arbitrary number of operations and modify( destroy, disable, move up, move down, reset ) each operation.
- Preview the new name of every file/folder before applying changes.
- Recursively rename all files and directories.
- Support regular expression.
- Rename music files( mp3, etc. ) with the metadata info: artist, album, disc number, track number, title, genre, performer, date, author, composer, conductor, lyricist, comment.
- Rename photo files( jpg, etc. ) using the metadata information: width, height, x-resolution, y-resolution, orientation, exposure, F-stop, flash, focal-length, ISO, shutter-speed, copyright, make, model, unit, software, etc.
- Insert the folder path name, number( numerical, alphabetical, roman numeral, uppercase, auto pad ), date( creation, last modification, last access, exif tag – picture taken, exif tag – image modified ) to the file name.
- Allow to undo the modifications.
- Load and save user settings.
Métamorphose File and Folder Renamer works on most major operating systems include but are not limited to Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.