HandBrake is a free dvd ripper for mac/windows/linux, it allows you rip your video dvd to local hard drive or other portable devices such as iPhone / Android / blackberry / PS3 / Xbox / iPod, the quality of output video is superb, the quality of audio is also very perfect. HandBrake works on Windows XP and Windows 7( 32bit and 64bit ).
HandBrake is a free and open source DVD to MPEG-4 ripper, it’s easy to use, the interface is easy to get around in and it’s fully customizable, but it will not decrypt your dvd discs, however you can use it together with DVD43 or other copy protection removal apps.
- Open source and multithreaded.
- Audio and video syncs fine.
- Works very well with DVD43.
- Super configurable.
- Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted–protection methods including CSS are not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora
- Audio: AAC, CoreAudio AAC (OS X Only), MP3, or Vorbis. AC-3 pass-through, DTS pass-thorugh (MKV only)
- Chapter selection
- Integrated bitrate calculator
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preivew
HandBrake supports Windows 7 / Windows XP / 2000 / 2003 / Vista.
Download other versions( Mac OS X 10.5 / 10.6, Ubuntu, Fedora ) from the deleloper’s website.