FreeOTFE is a free TrueCrypt alternative for Windows and Windows Mobile, you can encrypt your thumb/USB flash drive, external hard drive or local hard drive with it easily. If your usb stick does not support hardware encryption, FreeOTFE is a good alternative security solution.
- Allows to encrypt entire partition or entire physical hard drive, but it does not support in-place encryption, which means that all the data stored on the picked partition/disk will be overwritten with random data when you encrypt it.
- Supports both file based volumes and partition based volumes.
- Supports hidden volume.
- Supports lots of hash algorithms: SHA-512, MD5, MD2, MD4, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, Tiger, Whirlpool.
- Supports several encryption algorithms: AES( 256 bit XTS ), 3DES( 192 bit CBC ), AES( 128/192/256 bit CBC/LRW/XTS ), Blowfish( 128/160/192/256/448/ bit CBC ), CAST5( 128 bit CBC ), DES( 64 bit CBC ), MARS( 128/192/256 bit CBC/XTS ), RC6( 1024 bit CBC/LRW ), etc.
- Generate random data for password salting / master key / random padding data using Microsoft CryptoAPI or Mouse movement.
- Allows to mount volume as fixed disk / removable hard drive / CD / DVD.
- Supports password salting.
- Allows to store the volume’s critical data block (CDB) in a separate keyfile.
- Supports large volume files up to 8388608TB.
- Portable mode available.
- Supports run from command line.
FreeOTFE works on most popular Windows platforms including Windows 7, Windows XP, etc( 32 and 64 bit ).