Lightscreen is an open source software developed by Christian Kaiser which allows to capture, save and catalog screenshots automatically and silently in the backgound.
- Allows to save the screenshot to image files( jpg, png, bmp ) in the background automatically.
- Allows to capture the whole screen, a window or a customized area with hotkeys which can be customized.
- Allows to optimize PNG screenshots automatically with a program named OptinPNG that could significantly reduces the file size.
- Allows to adjust the quality of screenshot.
- Allows to copy the screenshot to Windows clipboard.
- Allows to include the cursor in the captured image.
- Multi-language supported: English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, etc.
- Allows to notify with tray icon popup or sound cue when a screenshot is taken.
However, in our test, Lightscreen failed to capture the cursor, but you can capture the pop up menu with it successfully, just change the hotkey of “Capture a window” to something like “Shift+Print” will work fine.
Lightscreen works on all 32 bit Windows including Windows 7 and Windows XP, etc.