FOG( Free Open source Ghost ) is a free disk imaging( cloning ) software that supports a variety of operating systems, it’s based on PXE and PartImage, you can use it as a replacement to Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image.
See also: 7 best free disk image software.
- It supports multi-casting, in other words, it allows you image multiple computer from the same stream.
- It supports virus scanning, hard drive wiping, memory testing as well as file recovery.
- It’s especially suitable for small business corporations and schools.
- FOG is easy for end user.
- FOG is centralized.
- FOG is easy to access.
- FOG is powerful.
- FOG can grow with you.
- FOG is community driven.
- FOG is well documented.
- FOG is free of charge for any person and company.
FOG supports the following systems: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista / 2000 / 98 / NT and Linux( Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora ).