FLAC is one of the most common audio formats, however, your portable media players probably won’t be able to play them back, with the assistance of the following free programs it’s a simple process to convert your FLAC music files into MP3 format.
1, Freemake Free Audio Converter
As we’ve mentioned before, Freemake Video Converter is a free utility which can convert, cut and join your video clips. Freemake Free Audio Converter is another excellent freeware developed by Freemake, it allows you to extract audio tracks from videos, convert audio files from one format to another, and join multiple audio files into a single one.
- Supported input audio formats include: mp3, flac, wma, wav, aac, ogg, m4a, amr, au, aif, aifc, ac3, adts, alaw, apc, ape, caf, dts, gsd, dsm, mka, mlp, mmf, m4r, mp1, mp2, mpeg3, mpc, mp+, m2a, nut, oma, qcp, ra, rmj, shn, tta, voc, w64, wv, xa.
- Supported input video formats include: avi, mp4, wmv, swf, 3gp, flv, mkv, dvd, mpg, mpg, tod, mov, mts, m4v, rm, qt, ts, amv, avs, bik, bnk, cavs, cdg, dpg, dv1394, dxa, ea, ffm, film, flc, flh, fli, flm, flt, flx, gxf, h261, h263, h264, mj2, mjpg, mkm, mtv, mxf, nc, nut, nuv, ogm, ogv, pva, r3d, rax, rms, rmx, rpl, rtsp, sdp, smk, thp, vc1, vfw, vro.
- Supported output media formats include: mp3, flac, m4a, wav, wma, aac, ogg.
- Allows to specify the sample rate, bitrate and channels of the target audio files.
As you can see, this program can be used to convert flac to mp3, mp3 to flac, flac to wav, wav to flac, flac to m4a, m4a to flac, m4a to mp3, ogg to mp3, avi to mp3, mp4 to mp3, swf to mp3, 3gp to mp3, flv to mp3, …, etc.
Freemake Free Audio Converter supports most major Windows editions like Windows Seven, Windows XP, etc. It’s available on http://www.freemake.com/
You can convert any audio or video to mp3 using kmplayer, so if you already have KMPlayer installed on your computer, there is no need to download and install a dedicated audio conversion utility.
3, FLAC to MP3 Converter
FLAC to MP3 Converter is a free and simple program that enables users to convert FLAC( Free Lossless Audio Codec ) music files to MP3 format with ease.
- Free for personal and corporate use.
- The user interface is easy to follow.
- Allow to specify the sampling frequency( 44100Hertz, 48000Hertz, 22050Hertz, etc. ), Channel Mode( Mono, Stereo, Joint Stereo, Dual Channel ), Bits per second( 320kbps, 256kbps, 192kbps, 128kbps, etc. ) for the output audio.
- Support drag and drop.
- Support converting batches of FLAC files at once.
- Optimized for multi-core CPU.
- Native 64-bit support for Windows.
FLAC to MP3 Converter works on most major Windows platforms.
FLAC to MP3 Converter is a 1.81MB download available from the developer’s website.