FileVerifier++ is another free MD5 checker software, it can generate and check the MD5 hash value of any file or folder. It’s portable and easy to use, you can keep a copy of it on your USB flash disk. To check the MD5/SHA1 value of a file/folder, just drag n drop it from the Windows Explorer into FileVerifier++!
If you are looking for a MD5 checker for folder/directory, then FileVerifier++ is a better choice. You can use it to compute and verify the MD5 value of a folder, it’s especially useful for checking the integrity of backup files!
FileVerifier++ is open source, it’s powerful and a bit complicated, it supports variety of hash algorithms, including CRC16, CRC32, BZIP2 CRC, MPEG2 CRC, JamCRC, Posix CRC, ADLER32, MD4, MD5, EDONKEY2K, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, WHIRLPOOL, WHIRLPOOL-T.
- Can load and save results to and from various formats.
- Hash algorithms can be added through the DLL interface.
- Hash verification. Can load hash results and compare to what is actually on your disk.
- Color coding of validity states
- Verification considers file size, file attributes, and modification date to be significant.
- Drag and drop support.
- Recursive directory processing.
- Recursive processing using patterns.
- Calculates hashes on strings.
- Search and grep using regular expressions.
- Selective verification.
- Unicode support (recognizes Unicode file names and writes results encoded in UTF-8 (without BOM))
- Supports Windows XP Visual Styles
- Shell Integration (Shell extension).
- Can be installed using installer or without.
- Command line version. (in beta)
FileVerifier++ supports Windows XP, Windows 7 / Vista / 2000, etc.
Download it from sourceforge
Download the source code and other files here.