In the last month, we’ve tell you how to Compare files in two folders with MD5Summer, RekSFV is an alternative to MD5Summer, it’s powerful, easy to use, and gives you more options to customize, RekSFV allows you calculate the MD5 / SHA1 checksum value for every files and subfolders in a folder and verify them.
How to use RekSFV
- 1, Create a MD5 / SHA1 checksum value file for specified folder.
- 2, Verify the md5 value of a folder
- Compare files in two folders with RekSFV
Press the ‘MD5′ button or ‘SHA1′ button on the toolbar, then press ‘Select File/Folder…’ button in the popup dialog,
select a folder and press ‘OK’, ‘OK’. Then it lets you choose where to save the MD5/SHA1 file, keep the default settings and press ‘save’ button,
then RekSFV will calculate the checksum value recursively, the result will be displayed in the output window, as seen below:
Now you can press the first button on the toolbar to select a folder / directory to be checked, the ‘bad file’ will be displayed in red color, you can view all bad files in the ‘Bad & Missing File(s)’ tab.
Just copy the MD5/SHA1 checksum file to the second folder, and verify it.
- Create and verify MD5 / SHA1 value for folder / directory.
- Allows you save log output to a file.
- Supports always on top, beep when finished, etc.
- Allows you integrate it to “Send to” Explorer Content Menu.
RekSFV supports Windows XP / Windows 7.