If you can not connect to internet via Chrome / FireFox / Opera / Safari / IE / Flock / SeaMonkey and all other internet browsers, but can chat with Windows Live Messenger ( MSN messenger ) / Yahoo! Messenger / Google Talk / AOL Instant Messenger / ICQ, you’ve come to the right place! Follow me please, I’ll show you how to resolve this issue.
- You could ping your router and Google.com, Facebook.com, Twitter.com;
- You could use all chat applications;
- You have scanned and removed viruses/spyware/rootkit with antivirus software;
- You have uninstalled or disabled you firewall( comodo, zonealarm, etc );
- You can connect to internet on the same computer in Linux/Windows PE;
But you cannot browse any website with any browser!
This is because your Winsock settings is corrupt, you can use all internet programs based on UDP(User Datagram Protocol), but all internet programs based on TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) do not work.
You could repair and reset your Winsock settings in two ways:
1, Use the command netsh
Launch command prompt and input netsh winsock reset, then press enter.
2, Use WinSock XP Fix or XP TCP/IP Repair
WinSock XP Fix is a handy and portable freeware, just launch it and hit the Fix button, after it finished repairing please reboot your computer.
Download it from softpedia.