FSR( Free Sound Recorder ) is a great freeware which can record any sound played on your laptop/computer, which means that it allows you save any sound you can hear to MP3 / OGG / WAV / WMA files directly, including online streaming audio / the music in film / the sound effect in game / the music played by winamp or other apps.
FSR gives you 4 options to set the sound mode: Stereo / Joint Stereo / Dual Channels / MoNo, and lets you customize the bit rate of output audio, such as 128K bps / 192K bps / 256K bps / 320K bps.
FSR supports AGC (Automatic Gain Control) customization, it allows you increase the volume if the sound is less than Low Level, and decrease the volume if the sound is more than the High Level.
- It has an intuitive interface and is very ease to use.
- Records sound in high quality, the quality of output audio is very excellent beyond my imagination.
- Records your voice, music, or any sound.
- Supports schedule recording.
- Plays the recorded sound.
FSR will do the job beautifully, but the one major shortcoming of it is that it does not support skipping the silence part.
FSR works on Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows 2000/ 2003 / Vista / NT.
Download FSR from CNET.