Dr.Web is an outstanding antivirus application which has 18 years history, it’s certificated by FSB( The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation ) 9 months ago, Dr.Web CureIt is the portable edition of Dr.Web, it’s totally free for home use, and allows you use it in conjunction with any other antivirus program, such as Avira AntiVir or Avast Free Antivirus.
- No installation needed. It’s a good idea to carry it with usb flash drive.
- Supports scanning random access memory, boot sectors of all disks, local hard drive, all removable media, startup objects, boot disk root directory, windows system folder, my documents folder, temporary folder.
- Supports detecting and neutralizing viruses, worms, rootkits, trojans, spybots, spyware, keyloggers and other malicious programs.
- Supports 3 scan modes: Express scan, Complete scan, Custom scan.
- Supports exclude files based on extension.
- Few false detections.
- Allows you choose different actions for infected objects, incurable objects, suspicious objects, infected archives/emails/containers, admare, dialers, jokes, riskware, hacktools. It allows you report / cure / delete / rename / move the problem one.
- Supports logging to file.
- Allows you set the scan priority.
- Works with command line.
- It supports 37 languages: English, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Finnish, Portuguese, etc.
Because Dr.Web CureIt is based on the Dr Web engine, it’s very powerful and can detect and delete some viruses which kaspersky can’t.
The bad news is that it does not support real time safeguard, and you must download the entire package to update the virus definitions database.
Dr.Web CureIt supports Windows 7, Windows XP / 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / Vista(32-bit and 64-bit systems).