Partition Wizard is a stable, powerful and easy-to-use partition magic alternative freeware, which gives you the ability to Merge, Move, Resize( Extend / shrink ), Create, Delete, Copy, Format partitions. It supports various of file systems including NTFS / FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32 / Ext2 / Ext3. Partition Wizard works on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, supports both 32bit and 64 bit system. Further more, it now supports USB flash drive.
Another free partition magic alternative is easeus partition manager, I have used both of them, most functions of them are similar, but if you want to shrink one partition and extend another one, Partition Wizard is by far more quick than easeus partition manager!
In my experience, if you want to extend system partition, maybe it will get you confused, after you have deleted partition E:, or have shrinked partition D:, you still can not extend partition C:.
The reason is that the area of a partition is continuous, to extend partition C:, you must move partition D: forward( from left to right ) or resize partition D: by dragging the left arrow to right, then partition C: can occupy the space released by partition D:.
- Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista/windows 7 (32 bit & 64 bit) operating system.
- Support RAID.
- Extend system partition to maximize computer performance.
- Manage the hard disk for substantial performance increase.
- Create, Delete and Format partitions with simple steps.
- Disk Copy to protect or transfer data.
- Support disk and partition size larger than 2 TB.
- Convert partition format from FAT to NTFS.
- Partition Copy: Copy the entire content of one hard disk to another.
- Copy Disk Wizard: Copy the entire hard disk to another without having to reinstall Windows.
- Disk Map – Visually demonstrate your disk/partition configuration; preview the changes before applying.
- Hide/unhide partition, set active partition, etc. – Change partition properties easily.
- Explore FAT/NTFS partition.
- Set partition as primary.
- Set partition as logical.
- Rebuild MBR.
- Disk Surface Test.
- Partition Surface Test.
- Change Partition Serial Number.
- Change Partition Type ID.
- Hot Extend Partition without reboot. NEW!
Download now for CNET.
Download Bootable CD from partitionwizard.com.