Smart Defrag is a lightweight, powerful, nice-looking and easy to use defrag software for Windows, the new version features a revamped interface which is pretty easy to get around. Smart Defrag helps you to improve system performance by optimizing the file system and defragging the fragmented files.
- Easy to install and use.
- Streamlines and optimizes the file system by moving the most frequently used files and folders to the fastest part of your hard disk, this will reduce seek and rotational delay significantly.
- 3 defrag options available: defrag only, defrag and fast optimize, defrag and fully optimize.
- Analysis and shows you a pretty straightforward state of your partitions, different color blocks are used to plot the diagram, each has a different meaning: free space, rarely used, frequently used, folders, MFT( Master File Table ), unmovable, fragmented, moving.
- Allows to enable smart silent technology while defrag.
- Allows to stop defrag when you are using battery, this makes it very considerate for laptop and notebook users.
- Allows to skip large files.
- Supports automatically defragging your hard drive when your computer is idle.
- Schedule defragment volumes.
- Defrag these files which cannot be defragged during the boot up process, for example, pagefile, hibernation file, MFT as well as system files.
- Exclude the files and directories that you do not expected to be defragmented.
- Allows to change the transparency of the interface.
- Allows to shutdown / turn off computer after defragmentation.
Smart Defrag is compatible with Windows 7, Windows XP / Vista / 2000, and supports Windows 7 64 bit.
Smart Defrag is a 5.03MB download available from the developer’s website.