Double Commander is a free, dual panel, multi-tab and cross platform file manager developed by alexx2000, you can use it as an alternative to Total Commander, Directory Opus, Q-Dir, FreeCommander, Xplorer2 and SpeedCommander.
- Drag and drop.
- Right click to open Windows context menu.
- Internal text editor with regular expression for search and replace as well as syntax hightlighting.
- Allows to pack, extract, compress, decompress most mainstream archive formats: ZIP,RAR,TAR,GZ,TGZ,LZMA,BZ2,RPM,CPIO,DEB.
- Compare multiple files by contents, navigate to previous difference and next difference easily.
- Full unicode support.
- Multi-rename tool.
- Split and combine files.
- Compute and verify MD5 or SHA-1 checksum of selected files.
- Copy file name( with full path ) to clipboard.
- Support customizing hot keys.
- Support plugin.
- Native support for 64 bit operating systems including Windows and Linux.
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support.
Double Commander supports Windows 7, Windows XP and Linux.
Double Commander is a 6.1MB download available from SourceForge